Saturday, April 9, 2011

Season's Eatings: Checking out Green Bean Delivery

Fresh produce at my doorstop! I admit the idea seems intriguing, yet after my CSA experience that ended badly a few years back, I was hesitant. But after checking out Green Bean Delivery, I think I'm ready to dive in for a try. The regional delivery service offers weekly or biweekly delivery of organically grown produce. The good things? I'm able to customize my order, so I'm not stuck with a dozen bok choy or produce I won't eat. I can also tack on anything from buffalo meat to eggs, if I'm feeling inspired with my cooking. The site notes whether the items are local to Indiana/Ohio/Kentucky, from the U.S. or from tropical regions. And, I can place my order on hold at any time, so I can use the service when I need it, like when my garden falters or late fall arrives. I'm particularly excited about the idea because early spring is the hardest for me in terms of eating fresh produce, particulary as our farmers markets (and many farm stands) are not yet open for the season. Not from Indiana? we are talking about options today at the Green Phone Booth today. Check it out!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I think it is a good idea being abke to supervise the food I´m gonna be eating and the way I want vegetables to grow. When I travelled to Argentina, I was looking to rent apartments in buenos aires and I was offered one with a garden with lots of vegetables I could watch the whole process of cultivating.
Loved it!
Kim