Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Celebrating a life well lived

Today we are celebrating an amazing woman. My grandmother passed away this weekend at the age of 97. She lived through the trials of the Great Depression, the challeneges of working on a farm and raising seven children, and the joys of seeing not only her grandchildren but her great-great grandchildren. Few of us can say that.

She was a woman of amazing love and amazing faith. She was an avid painted, an avid gardener, and I wish I had inherited half of her talent.

While we celebrate her life today, I hope you don't mind me sharing some memories I had of my childhood visits to Wisconsin and a fabulous recipe for her raspberry dessert, which us cousins clamoured for the recipe for.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.