Friday, April 25, 2008

Me & My Tree campaign

Spring is here, and thoughts start turning toward planting in the garden. We're teased by garden catalogs and the latest ads in the paper.

But in my inbox this morning was an e-mail about an interesting concept that goes further than the local nursery discount. Me & My Tree is a new campaign from Keep Indianapolis Beautiful. It's more than just getting a coupon and encouraging people to plant a tree in their yard.

Me & My Tree offers a 20% off coupon for local retailers and then encourages you to, once the tree is planted, update their Web site with the location of your tree. Over time, you'll see the difference this campaign has made metro-wide on their map.

The goal is to have at least 1,000 trees added in the city at the campaign's end.

From a marketing perspective, I love it the idea of the interaction and showing that each of us, together, can make a difference. From an environmental perspective, it's a fun way to encourage others to beautify Indy.

Read frequently asked questiosn about Me & My Tree.

No comments: